The 16GB/256GB option for this device is approved by the College of Engineering for ONLY Computer Science majors beginning in Spring 2021.
Laptop, tablet, and studio in one
Our most powerful Surface laptop delivers three modes to work in, freeing you to tackle complex technical and creative work wherever you are:
• Robust laptop with added processing power to handle the most demanding software. Surface Book 3 features the latest Quad-core 10th generation Intel® Core™ processors, and up to 32GB of RAM.
• Powerful tablet supporting touch, sketching, and writing.
• Portable studio delivering breakthrough graphics performance and faster rendering. Choose between next level NVIDIA® Quadro® and GeForce® GPUs, powered by up to 2TB SSD for lightning fast, pro level storage.
Innovation at work
Leave your desk behind on a game changing laptop built for the modern ways of work.
• Detach the 15” display twice as fast, and you have a large tablet with the processing power of a laptop.
• Make your videos, music, and virtual meetings come to life, with immersive, spatial Dolby Atmos® sound, dual far field Studio Mics, and vibrant visuals on a PixelSense™ touchscreen.
• Sketch, hand-write, draw, modify, and share naturally using Surface Pen and Surface Dial.
Work in all the ways you want. Code, run models, or create in CAD. Detach and re attach the display to face your audience, then share your presentation. Capture content, refine, and edit from your couch. Create stunning graphics and 3D designs and render them at faster speeds.
• Choose from four different modes (Laptop, Tablet, Portable Studio, and View) to fit the task at hand.
• Get the best graphics performance of any Surface laptop yet.
• Instantly transform Surface Book 3 into an efficient desktop workstation with new Surface Dock 2.
• Connect to all your devices with USB A and USB C® ports, plus full sized SD card slot and Surface Connect.
Best of Microsoft
Surface Book 3 seamlessly integrates Microsoft Windows and Office, combining enterprise-grade security, powerful management tools, and enhanced productivity tools.
13.5” x 9.87” x 0.568–0.90”
(343 mm x 251 mm x 15 mm–23 mm)
Screen: 15” PixelSense™ Display
Resolution: 3240 x 2160, (260 PPI)
Aspect ratio: 3:2
Contrast ratio: 1600:1
Touch: 10 point multi-touch G5
16GB or 32GB 3733Mhz LPDDR4x
Quad-core 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 Processor
TPM 2.0 chip for enterprise security
Enterprise-grade protection with Windows Hello face sign-in
Windows 10 Pro
Microsoft Office 365 30-day trial
Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor,
Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer
4.20 lb (1,905 g) including keyboard
Solid-state drive (SSD) options: 256GB, 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB PCIe SSD
Surface Book 3 15" connected to keyboard base:
Up to 17.5 hours of typical device usage
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design w/6GB GDDR6
NVIDIA® Quadro RTX™ 3000 with Max-Q Design w/6GB GDDR6
2 x USB-A (version 3.1 Gen 2)
1 x USB-C® (version 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Power Delivery revision 3.0)
3.5mm headphone jack
2 x Surface Connect ports (one on keyboard base, one on tablet)
Full-size SDXC card reader
Compatible with Surface Dial* on- and off-screen interaction
Cameras, video, and audio
Windows Hello face authentication camera (front-facing)
5.0MP front-facing camera with 1080p HD video
8.0MP rear-facing autofocus camera with 1080p HD video
Dual far-field Studio Mics
Front-facing stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos®
Wi-Fi 6: IEEE 802.11ax compatible
Bluetooth® Wireless 5.0 technology
Xbox Wireless built in (15” only)
Physical buttons: Volume, Power
What’s in the box
Surface Book 3 15”
Microsoft Surface 127W Power Supply w/USB-A (7W)
Quick Start Guide
Safety and warranty documents
1-year limited hardware warranty